Thursday, February 16, 2012

Liliana

In case I haven't seen you in the past two weeks and pestered you with photos :) I wanted to give some photos of our baby girl. She is almost 2 and has some special needs, but she is our daughter.

Since November, I kept noticing this picture on my agency's website, but her write up was a little scary and I kept pushing the urge to ask more about her aside. Unbeknownst to me, B.J. was also finding her jumping off the page every time he looked at the kids on the website. Neither one of us said anything to the other until January (great communication, I know). When we found out we were on the same page with her, we requested her file for review that same day. Unfortunately, it was the weekend, so we had to wait until Monday to receive it. Once we looked at the file, we both knew, as if God had audibly spoken, that Liliana was meant to be a part of our family. We had to have her file reviewed by CHOP to make sure we knew what we were getting ourselves in for, but as soon as that was done (1 week later) we submitted our official Letter of Intent. Shortly thereafter, we received our preliminary approval.

So now we are working on paperwork. Other than pictures (do you know how hard it is to find pictures of both B.J. AND me?) and the final write up of the home study (which is waiting for us to finish our adoption training), our dossier is complete and I am starting the sealing process.

Below are a few of my favorite pictures of our little blessing. We can't WAIT to get her home!!!
Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tricia said...

She is beautiful!! Can't to meet your gift from the Lord!! I will be praying for that day to come soon!!