Sunday, March 18, 2012

Please pray......


Tomorrow is a big day for our family.  We are meeting with our home study agency to talk about things in hopes of getting approval to move forward with our adoption of Liliana.  Our meeting is at 2 and we would covet your prayers.  Please pray for peace and a sense of God's presence.  Please pray for open hearts and minds on both sides.  Ultimately, please pray that God's will will triumph and that this latest delay in the process can be solved and that we can continue to move forward without further delays. 

This last week and a half has been a good time of faith stretching and growing and honestly, while I would have loved to have the home study done already, I have grown so much.  God has been purposely revealing to me areas of my heart that are more interested in what I want (of course it is what God would want too....right?) than in God's ultimate plan and purposes.  I have been praying for obstacles to be removed instead of praying for God to receive the glory and for His greater purpose to be fulfilled and that I would learn the lessons He has for me.  It has been humbling and strengthening all at once.

In His great mercy, He has been sending encouragement throughout this week - through the sermon at church this week (faith instead of fear), the worship at church (For I am the Lord your God...do not fear for I will be with you......when you walk through the fire, you'll not be burned...etc.), notes of encouragement - including an email followed up with a card and a financial gift towards our adoption from my boss and news of dear family looking to support our adoption as well and strangers purchasing t-shirts from our fundraiser.  His hand holding us has been so evident as I have been learning to let go and trust in His goodness.  I am humbled that the God of the universe loves me enough to give me those things that He knows I need in my weakness while at the same time, calling me to something greater.  I am blessed beyond measure.

Thank you for your prayers and support - God is using this time and the support of friends and family to bless us so much.  I can't wait to tell Liliana of the amazing work her life has already been used for and the way her little life has blessed so many others.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Shockey Family said...

We will certainly be praying for you all tomorrow.