Liliana waiting at the train station on her way to Swallow's Nest :)
So, this weekend we asked for prayer for our meeting with our home study agency. We had that meeting today. It went well overall. We are going to be able to move forward with our original home study and the rest of our paperwork. Then we will have to wait until after our baby is born in October, wait 4-6 (or more) weeks after that to do a home study update - which includes all new police and criminal and child abuse background checks, reference letters (only 3 this time), and all new letters of good health for each family member and two for me (one from the midwife and one from my regular doctor). They will then write a new home study, essentially (which could take until the end of December). After that, we get to send the home study update to US Immigration again (another 60-90 days), get that approval and all the other immigration approvals and travel approvals before we can go get Liliana. So, basically, unless there is a major move of God, there is no way to bring Liliana home in 2012 and most likely, she will not be able to be home until around this time next year. I hate that, but I am trying to trust that God has a plan and a purpose in this timing and He will make things happen in His timing. That is a really hard thing to do! Also, there is no guarantee that they will approve our home study update - it will be a full check and they could choose to not recommend that we move forward. I am trying to not think about that right now.
So, we have some answers and more time to wait. Please pray that God's timing would happen and that we would have peace and patience in the process. Thank you so much for your love and support through this process. We couldn't do it without you.